Have you heard about a tankless water heater? Wonder what it is or how it works? What are the benefits of a tankless water heater are?
Then this blog is for you!
Tankless water heaters, or on demand water heaters, are simply a home water heating appliance that doesn’t store your hot water, however, heats the water as it passes through it.
Tankless water heaters are very popular, and they should be. They have so many benefits and last twice as long as a conventional tank; more if maintained properly.
How does a Rinnai Tankless Water Heater Work?
- When the need for hot water arises by turning on a shower, washing machine, dishwasher or faucet, cold water flows into the Rinnai Tankless Water Heater from the inlet pipe at the bottom of the heater.
- The flame is ignited and heats the two heat exchangers that are included in the Super High Efficiency models.
- Water is preheated as it passes through a stainless steel heat exchanger, capturing any extra heat (or latent heat) before it escapes into the vent system.
- Water continues to be heated as it passes through the heat exchanger, and exits from the hot water outlet pipe to travel through the pipes of the home to the water fixture where hot water is needed.
- The tankless water heater will adjust flame output as needed to ensure the temperature set point is maintained.
- As the hot water fixture shuts off, cold water stops flowing into the tankless water heater and the flame extinguishes. The tankless water heater is now off until the next time hot water is needed!
So what are these benefits of a Rinnai Tankless Water Heater
Endless Hot Water
When demand is high, a traditional tank can leave you cold, or having to wait 1 hour before getting hot water again. The Rinnai Tankless Water Heater heats water as it passes through the pipes, allowing you to have endless hot water. Plus, Rinnai’s technology allows you to have no tank, no storage, no pilot light, but gives you ultra-efficient heating coils – you have the power to use up to 40% less energy than a traditional water heater!
2. Save Valuable Space
Traditional tanks take up valuable space is closets, garages, attics, or basements. With the Rinnai Tankless Water Heater you get that space back. The Rinnai Tankless Water Heater is about the size of a suitcase and gets hung on the wall, conveniently, safely, and out of sight.
3. Affordable, Efficient Savings
Trading up to a Rinnai Tankless Water Heater is an investment in your home and your comfort. Thankfully FortisBC is offering grants regarding installation of a Tankless Water Heater in replacement of a traditional tank. Plus Rinnai’s Tankless Water Heater is energy efficient and cuts CO2 emissions compared to a traditional tank. Since it only heats water when you need it, it saves you tons on your water heating cost, especially if your upgrading from electric.
4. Total Confidence
You expect the best for your home, so it makes sense to trust the #1 selling gas tankless water heater brand in North America. With a Rinnai Tankless Water Heater you’ll enjoy the total confidence that comes with over 30 years of innovation, support, and integrity. Plus, when you choose Norms Plumbing and Heating, your choosing a Rinnai Ace Dealer, specialized to install and service your Rinnai Tankless Water Heater.
Why Rinnai Is The Leader In The Industry!
- Fully Stainless steel Heat Exchanger = No Rust, Ever!
- Self Developed Gas Valve Resulting In Not Needing A Buffer Tank; And Eliminates The Water Sandwich Effect
- Each Unit Can Meet The Demand Of 1-24 Bathrooms
- An Impressive 15 Year Warranty (Plus 5 More When We Install It)
- Endless Product Innovation & Expertise
As always, Norm’s is a family owned and operated company that has been serving Nanaimo and area for over 45 years. We strive to lead the industry in expertise, product knowledge, and customer satisfaction.